View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2013, 07:37 PM   #7
zinneken

Quote:
Originally Posted by greve View Post
We have a dedicated pricing page that also gives some examples. I take it this did not answer your questions?
It indeed did not answer my questions, I find the pricing structure with add ons on different pages a bit confusing. But it is clear now one @mykolab email address costs $10/month + $50 set-up + the add-ons one wants, and that maybe in the future this cost will be lowered from what you're saying. Let us know when it does :-)

Quote:
Getting in touch is the right thing to do in those cases.
Exactly what I did, got in touch a few weeks back, didn't get a reply, but have one on emaildiscussions ;-)

Quote:
Server log files: This is a trick question, is it? No. We do not provide users with access to our systems or log files, as doing so would severely compromise the system security and privacy of the service.
No, it is not a trick question. I think a user has the right to have access to the log of all his email. I'm not talking about the full server log of everyone's email, but about the person's email log. You're obliged to keep it by law, and provide it by law to officials when they ask you for a particular user's log, so why not offer the same treat to a user and hide it behind security and privacy reasons? Anyone I host emails with will need to be transparent and provide full mail logs for my emails, but that's just me I guess being a mail junkie.

Quote:
DSN: You can request them, but we do not automatically deliver those in response to incoming mail. This is potentially a major privacy issue, so the user needs to be in control -- which means the user gets to configure "ignore", "always send", "ask" for their webmail which will then behave accordingly.
Not sure we're talking about the same DSN. I meant server DSN, as in RFC3461, not user/client DSN. If you did mean server DSN, I'd love to hear the privacy issue with it, love to learn!
zinneken is offline   Reply With Quote