View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2012, 07:30 PM   #2
kijinbear
Cornerstone of the Community

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with your email service provider. I would just like to put a couple of things in perspective:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinneken View Post
It took me a good 2 hours to move a couple folders with a total of less then 10.000 messages without attachments ... yesterday.
How fast is your internet connection, and how far away are you from Polarismail's datacenter in Montreal? I can easily imagine waiting 2 hours to download & upload 10K small email messages using a typical DSL or cable connection. IMAP has a large overhead that becomes quite noticeable when the network latency (ping) is high.

Quote:
It took me several weeks to upload a mail backup to Polarismail.
Again, how large is your backup, and what were you using to upload it? 10GB with Thunderbird? Yep, that would take a couple of weeks with my crappy DSL connection, too.

Quote:
since March this year ... That's a tremendous 10 months, even a mother gives birth to her child earlier then that!
I don't know which planet you're from, but last time I checked, it took only 7 months to go from March to October. If a child was conceived in March and born in October, he might be in need of an incubator. Of course, that's still too long to wait for a feature that was promised "soon", but methinks you might be exaggerating a bit!
kijinbear is offline   Reply With Quote