View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2012, 06:46 PM   #1
zinneken

Polarismail service lack confirmed!

A little update on the "unhappy polarismail experience" thread almost a month ago.

George committed on September 25th in this thread he would "solve this privately".

As no contact had come through I contacted him privately 5 days later with a quick response committing to "definitely completed this week".

I sent a mail requesting to receive a status update on October 5th, 10th, 17th and 20th. No response at all from George to any of these requests.

I think it is fair to say they've had plenty of time for their last chance to turn out positively.

Some people may think this is great service. I think it is fair to conclude that Polarismail is not a supplier of quality service, and in fact is severely lacking service and reliability.

For people tapping into polarismail with limited amounts of email and service I am sure it works out just fine, but allow me to demystify all the positives on this forum.

1) Do not be blinded by their juicy 25 GB, Polarismail can't handle 5GB of mails and that's from experience. They claim to be somewhat faster nowadays cf. recent posts in this forum. I have yet to experience that. It took me a good 2 hours to move a couple folders with a total of less then 10.000 messages without attachments ... yesterday.

2) Do not be fooled by George replying quickly in these forums as a sign of good customer support. He does not keep the simplest of engagements and does not reply to simple status update requests.

3) Do not believe people on the forum telling how great it is to have features implemented at polarismail. Polarismail have been unable to implement a feature that according to them (I wouldn't know) is simple and easy to do, since March this year ...

I'm sure many people have positive experiences, but the complete lack of unhappy experiences should trigger alarm bells. When you read between the lines on these forums, many positive replies come from people who receive a life-long free email account at Polarismail.

For the record, I have requested several times to pay for service. George feels that as long as their service is not up to standard one should not pay. As honorable as that is, I am sure Polarismail would keep its promises if not keeping their promises would cost them as much as polarismail costed me in lost time.

It took me several weeks to upload a mail backup to Polarismail. I feel taken hostage by Polarismail since I have the choice between an email provider that has proven tremendously unreliable, or spending another couple of weeks uploading my email archive to another provider.

So before you decide on going to Polarismail, think twice! They could end up costing you more then you'd accept from a free service!

Last edited by zinneken : 23 Oct 2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Oups on excessing month count, 7 months wait is still impressively unresponsive!!
zinneken is offline   Reply With Quote