View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2021, 10:48 AM   #1
EPMike

Any current email clients using a single file for data storage?

Does anybody know of any current email clients for Windows that save ALL their information in a single file? Along the lines of what Calypso/Courier did years ago.

The only one I've found is EssentialPIM, and it still leaves a bit to be desired.

Calypso didn't handle IMAP well, nor did it ever offer SSL/TLS access, which in this day and age has become a requisite.

I have tried all the clients I could find (contemporary and older)...including going back to archives I'd downloaded some 20 years ago to test out old applications. A few worked better than others, but none was even close to what I'm looking for (other than EPIM).

The current most common clients are lame at best in my opinion. Some make a TOTAL mess/nightmare of storage in regard to user data.

Even if there are some betas or alphas over on github or otherwise in development, I'd be interested in trying them out.

Not interested in portable apps that still make a mess of things....though it's better to copy a whole set of folders versus the labyrinth some require to move your data around, but still not what I'm looking for.

The single file method Calypso used was brilliant....and I'd love to find a worthwhile contemporary mail client using a similar approach.

Appreciate any insight or advice in this regard. Thanks...
EPMike is offline   Reply With Quote