View Single Post
Old 7 May 2006, 01:01 PM   #51
Aimlink
Master of the @

Quote:
I'm not condemning those who pay for Eudora or The Bat! or whatever other commercial clients are out there. I just think that for the most part the commercial clients are just a tad too pricey for features offered, and having to pay for version upgrades would be a bear too. I'm talking here about using an email client for personal purposes. [/b]
The Bat! is a VERY powerful client. The only free clients that approach it in power are clients available for UNIX/Linux, and even then, there are many users of The Bat! asking that it be ported to UNIX and that they'd pay for it if that were to happen. These are users who use it for personal purposes.

Becky Internet Mail is another good one, though not as feature rich as The Bat!. Mulberry was the IMAP client against which all others were judged. In fact, it's last version still remains the benchmark in terms of IMAP functionality. Well worth the money if you desire the features.

I used to use The Bat! a lot, but am no longer using it as much since my e-mail traffic has been much less than it used to be. It was great for heavy traffic.
Aimlink is offline   Reply With Quote