View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2024, 05:01 AM   #6
startingover

Stay AWAY from mail.com.

I signed up for an account here specifically to help you if you're thinking of signing up with mail.com.

I should have seen this coming.

I had a mail.com account for two decades. At first because of their lax security I used pop3 without being a premium member, which they claimed was mandatory for pop3, but somebody caught on and I eventually had to use the web interface. Which actually isn't bad.

However, so many of the emails I sent were undeliverable spam that I ended up moving away. But by that time I'd been with mail.com for so long, somebody I hadn't spoken to in ten years could email me and I'd get it. If I wanted to, of course.

Fast forward to April Fool's Day (how appropriate). I get a text from a friend asking if my mail is down. It often was, so I said just wait an hour or so. But this went on for an entire week before tech support at mail.com finally admitted I can't receive email from my domain anymore.

Can you imagine being such a bunch of slackers that you give zero warning to your customers that you can't afford to keep your domains running? I mean, if they'd wanted to, they could have sold me the damn domain and I'd have kept it running just for myself.

Stay away from mail.coom. It's an okay service, not creepy like gmail or outlook or apple, but it's run by lunatic amateurs. Spam score was always awful, my emails were often undelivered because of this. Customer service is nonexistent, and just when you've told everybody your new email address they'll screw you.

ANYTHING to do with gmx, mail, or even 1&1 should be avoided.

Btw, unrelated but I use Vivaldi's email feature to consolidate all my accounts but I find it...weird. It isn't intuitive. I never know what folder a message is in when I click it, for example. There are just weird things about it. Has anyone else found this, and what desktop app do you use? I just use the native app on my phone to consolidate accounts, but on a desktop I like to keep things all in one place.
startingover is offline   Reply With Quote