View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2019, 09:50 PM   #7
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
They also shirk responsibility for serving illegal ads - (kind of like facebook declaring it will allow ALL political ads) - their submission system is clearly intentionally broken; they refuse to fix it. (That is, they try as hard as possible to not understand the problems, and when that finally doesn't work any more, they stonewall in other ways.)
I doubt that is true. Rather it is impossible for us to understand the scale of what they are dealing with. Billions of users sending many billions of messages every day all over the world in many different languages, and . high percentage of them being junk or spam--but which ones? Personally, I am amazed at how well Gmail's spam filters work. I almost never get bad emails in my Inbox, and I also don't see any ads in my free Gmail account. The ad problem is similarly vast. I would guess that 90% of the physical snail mail I receive is junk that I do not want, indicating the post office has the same problem. Phone calls, the same issue--most calls are junk. Unfortunately, technology has allowed scammers to proliferate and expand to vast scales that are swamping all communication platforms.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote