View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2013, 11:06 PM   #1
jeffster

Best paid alternative to Google Apps and Outlook.com ?

Hi Guys,

Due to recent privacy concerns, I would like to move my email, contacts and calendaring hosting away from Google Apps (I have a free grandfathered account) and outlook.com

I currently have three domains, two of which are hosted on Google Apps and one on outlook.com.

My main concern is being able to access my calendar on my HTC One X Android handset.

I have tried Pobox, and whilst setting up email was a breeze, I simply could not get the calendar to sync to my phone.

I would have preferred to use ActiveSync, but as Google appear to no longer support this, it will have to be CalDav and CardDav.

I could of course pick any one from a number of providers (Polarismail, Fastmail, Runbox, Posteo, EUMX, etc etc) to host my email and leave my calendar on Google Apps, but I would much prefer to use a single unified solution of email, calendar and contacts at the same provider.

I am happy to pay around $8 / £5 a month for a solution and was intrigued by Atmail Cloud, but the minimum 5 mailbox criteria put me off.

Also, I have considered a hosted Microsoft Exchange service, if indeed I could buy a single mailbox solution.

Any thoughts / suggestions, ladies and gentlemen ?

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Jeff
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote