View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2019, 07:29 PM   #5
Mr David

Regarding the 554 error code, it has four entries in mimecast's table of reasons. The only one I know it can't be is max email size exceeded.

As to contacting the recipients, that would be pointless. Each has a rudimentary understanding of computing concepts and for them the technical stuff is for someone else to fix, even or especially when the problems are self inflicted. That is not the case in this instance, neither of my recipients did anything to cause my emails to be blocked. That was done in the IT control centre, and probably with the assistance of mimecast whose services are probably used to scan incoming messages, and maybe outgoing ones too.

If FM are unable to follow through with a positive result to my support ticket I'll endevour to contact the IT nerve centre in question. I reckon I'll do it the old fashioned way, by phone.

My guess is that the heart of this problem is the reputation of the domains FM owns and operates. If any of them have ever been hijacked by spammers then FM subscribers using email addresses on domains of ill repute can become collateral damage in the struggle to control unsolicited email.

Last edited by Mr David : 6 Jul 2019 at 10:31 PM.
Mr David is offline   Reply With Quote