View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2009, 06:58 AM   #10
botolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvey View Post
Yes, this is disconcerting. But you are quick to blame fastmail. What is the domain part of your girlfriend's address? (The part to the right of the "@")

If fastmail fails to deliver a message to the receiving server, it always provides an error message. In this case, it seems very likely that berkeley.edu accepted the message and then discarded it.
Fastmail replied to my support request and confirmed that the messages were bounced back from the recipient's server.

What I am saying is:

- I had no problem sending the same emails from the same from:address to the same recipients via gmail and me.com;

- Fastmail provided me with the error messages but these error messages were NEVER delivered to the mailbox.

The problem is the reliability of a service. While I know that Fastmail is a very good service, the fact that I had to realize by myself that messages were not being delivered is very bad. Can you imagine if my girlfriend kept on sending messages for several days? Lucky us that we realized it asap.

And you can imagine what my girlfriend said: "why did you move my account? you could have left it on gmail and I would not have had any problem".
botolo is offline   Reply With Quote