View Single Post
Old 13 May 2017, 03:43 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Possible transient issue during Fastmail server move this week

The quantity of spam delivered to an account (before the spam filter) changes from day to day. About 48 hours ago I received a much larger than average number of spam messages in an 8 hour interval. This might have been a random attack (they were all sent to my main address, which is at a personal domain hosted at Fastmail), or this might have been a spear attack toward me (at my domain, so this would have been unrelated to your spam, I would think), or it might have been somehow related to incoming insecure blocking not working for a few hours. The spam filter was working normally for me, generating spam scores which were handled properly in my sieve script. I believe that the vast majority of incoming spam messages are blocked by the insecure blocking feature before arriving at the spam filter you have configured for your account.

Please notice that Fastmail moved their servers from one New York Internet location to another location this past week:
https://blog.fastmail.com/2017/05/13...tacentre-move/

My guess is that my issue and yours might be somehow due to the move. If you still see problems on Monday I recommend you file a regular support request. At the login page, click Support at the top, then click the first link (contact our support team).

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote