View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2017, 01:28 AM   #1
akorvemaker
Cornerstone of the Community

Forwarding to Gmail - messages going missing?

Background:
My wife and I have a domain for personal used. For years (10?) I've been hosting the DNS at FM, and it's worked well. The A records point to the website, and the MX records point to FM. A few domain aliases are set up. They forward my messages to my FM account, and her messages to her Gmail account.

Issue:
Recently she's found out that some messages are not getting to her. She sees online that a (small) newsletter was sent out, but it never arrived. Replies from one person she's been corresponding with never reach her (individually addressed messages, not bulk mail). Things like that. They're not in her spam folder. She just never gets them.

Question:
Do I have everything set up properly in our DNS records? Any other ideas?

Here's what I have in the FM Domains screen:
FM default settings that are active:
Quote:
MX [domain.tld] 10 in1-smtp.messagingengine.com 1 hour
MX [domain.tld] 20 in2-smtp.messagingengine.com

MX *.[domain.tld] 10 in1-smtp.messagingengine.com 1 hour
MX *.[domain.tld] 20 in2-smtp.messagingengine.com

A mail.[domain.tld] 66.111.4.147 1 hour
A mail.[domain.tld] 66.111.4.148

CNAME mesmtp._domainkey.[domain.tld] mesmtp.[domain.tld].dkim.fmhosted.com 1 hour
CNAME fm1._domainkey.[domain.tld] fm1.[domain.tld].dkim.fmhosted.com
CNAME fm2._domainkey.[domain.tld] fm2.[domain.tld].dkim.fmhosted.com
CNAME fm3._domainkey.[domain.tld] fm3.[domain.tld].dkim.fmhosted.com
The rest of the standard FM entries are disabled (A records, MX for mail.[domain.tld], TXT for SPF record, 3 SRV records).

Custom DNS settings I have entered are:
Quote:
SPF [domain.tld] v=spf1 include:aspmx.googlemail.com include:spf.messagingengine.com ~all
SPF *.[domain.tld] v=spf1 include:aspmx.googlemail.com include:spf.messagingengine.com ~all
(and a couple A records pointing to our website)
Anything look wrong? Any ideas? It has (as far as we can tell) worked flawlessly for years, and now suddenly she's having issues.

Andy
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote