Email obfuscation techniques article needs updating?
The article at http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_nospam.htm mentions and links to one obfuscation method at http://www.emailaddresses.com/mailto_encoder.htm
Is is possible for that article to link to other CSS methods of obfuscation? A method I use is here:
http://mardeg.sitesled.com - Generates a random-text logo of an email which uses CSS to shrink it down giving the illusion of normal text.
Some other methods I've come across are:
1. http://www.iross.net/csscaptcha - Uses DIV border styles to build each character of an email address
2. http://verplant.org/obfumail.shtml - Inserts invalid text between SPAN tags with display:none inside the email address
3. http://mathibus.com/tools/obfuscator - Uses Right-to-Left text direction overide style (this can also be done in a BDO tag with the dir="rtl" attribute set)
4. http://lojjic.net/blog/20040123-114122.rdf.html - Bind XBL decoder class for encoded text (Mozilla browsers only)
5. http://www.phoenity.com/newtedge/hide_email_spambots/ - Uses after: and content character entities to style the address tag (only visible in non-IE browsers currently)
I added #3 to my own method (about %15 of the time the Generate button is clicked) to improve randomness. #2 and #3 could probably be combined for a method much less bloated than mine and #1.
#4 and #5 unfortunately are ahead of their time and would probably only suit someone hellbent on converting visitors to their site to Firefox :)
|All times are GMT +9. The time now is 07:32 PM.|
Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved