EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   FastMail Testimonials (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=1560)

ReuvenNY 23 Nov 2017 10:44 AM

Moderator's Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLBrooks (Post 604523)
Sounds like SPAM to me.

The spammer was banned and spam removed.

Terry 5 Aug 2018 04:42 PM

Fastmail no longer support this forum, so perhaps this section should be closed

FredOnline 5 Aug 2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry (Post 607303)
Fastmail no longer support this forum, so perhaps this section should be closed

Disagree.

FastMail is part of this forum (God and Edwin willing) whether they like it or not, and their service is still live and kicking.

Terry 5 Aug 2018 05:01 PM

But they dont support this forum....why have a section where the comments are years old and way out of date.

n5bb 6 Aug 2018 07:29 AM

Google has never supported their forum here at EMD. Edwin (owner of EMD) doesn’t visit any more. That doesn’t make these forums unimportant. If you don’t think they are useful just don’t read them. ;)

As far as FastMail is concerned, the founders posted here often when their company was very small. They are much larger today and this forum is not the proper location for them to provide customer support. They have a staff dedicated to resolving customer support tickets. The CEO of FastMail (Bron Gondwana) has made a number of posts this year, and the latest was two months ago.

If you look at their leadership team at https://www.fastmail.com/about/company.html, you will find that half of that team (4 out of 8) have each made over 1,000 posts to EMD. Rob Mueller has made over 6,000 posts. But these are company leaders who don’t now have the time or inclination to spend time here. Do you expect the leaders of Google or Yahoo to spend time on this forum? Fastmail isn’t that large, but they have grown far too large to rely on this forum. That doesn’t make the forum obsolete. If Edwin followed your suggestion I guess he could delete all posts older than a few months in all sub forums, since they are “out of date”.

Message boards like EMD are not very popular. I doubt a single friend, work colleague, or family member of mine has ever read a post here. It’s a left-over from 1980’s message boards.

Terry 6 Aug 2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n5bb (Post 607314)
Google has never supported their forum here at EMD. Edwin (owner of EMD) doesn’t visit any more.

Many years ago Edwin was banned from posting in his own forum by Fastmail. Just ask him, so that is the reason he does not post any more.

You mentioned Robs 6000 posts but how many for 2017? 5 or 6.

Anyway its no good going on about it as we cant make them contribute.

ReuvenNY 6 Aug 2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry (Post 607317)
Many years ago Edwin was banned from posting in his own forum by Fastmail. Just ask him, so that is the reason he does not post any more.

What are you talking about???

Terry 6 Aug 2018 10:26 AM

Many years ago Edwin was asked not to post any comments in the forum. just ask him he will confirm, I am going back about 10 years now.

ReuvenNY 6 Aug 2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry (Post 607319)
Many years ago Edwin was asked not to post any comments in the forum. As I pointed out just ask him, I am going back about 10 years now.

How do you know and how did you hear about it? It's news to me and I have been around for a while...

Terry 6 Aug 2018 10:43 AM

It was way back, Edwin commented on a post and Rob then quite firmly told Edwin that he should not participate in the Fastmail forum.

But its old news we are now in 2018

FredOnline 6 Aug 2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry (Post 607321)
It was way back, Edwin commented on a post and Rob then quite firmly told Edwin that he should not participate in the Fastmail forum.

I would like to see this quoted post, anyone got a link to it?

ReuvenNY 7 Aug 2018 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 607322)
I would like to see this quoted post, anyone got a link to it?

I don't remember this incident, not even remotely.

Bamb0 7 Aug 2018 07:12 AM

Indeed <<>> Edwin is the Admin.... He can post anywhere. No one can tell him not to!!

This is HIS site!!

Bamb0 8 Oct 2018 05:08 AM

Thats good to hear!!!

Welcome to EMD :)

ReuvenNY 8 Oct 2018 07:41 AM

Ponsukeen, from Vietnam is a spamming suspect in the making - my gut feeling...