EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   FM incoming mail problem. (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=78514)

ankupan 18 Feb 2021 12:13 PM

FM incoming mail problem.

Hi,

I have added one domain and few aliases to it.

Most of all emails come on it. sometimes, it never receives any email from particular domains.

Like I didn't receive email from medium.com and few more. but other emails on other hosting work perfect and getting similar emails.

Is it FM issue or server problem? or domain problem?

Thanks

Terry 18 Feb 2021 03:34 PM

I cant help much but it can take 24 to 48 hours for your domain to propagate so perhaps that could be part the problem.
Are you getting email correctly to your old fastmail domain ?

ankupan 18 Feb 2021 08:13 PM

this domain is added for last 2-3 years.

This problem is coming from the last few months only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry (Post 620101)
I cant help much but it can take 24 to 48 hours for your domain to propagate so perhaps that could be part the problem.
Are you getting email correctly to your old fastmail domain ?

JeremyNicoll 19 Feb 2021 02:29 AM

Where is DNS for the domain hosted? Is it on FM's name servers or someone else's?

You say that emails from some other places don't reach the FM account.

Are the other places ones whose technical staff can look at their outbound SMTP logs to find out whether they're able to send mails to your domain, or if they're seeing an error message?

If you know the exact time that such messages are being sent, and their subjects and senders, it might be possible to have FM support look at their logs to find out if the mails are ever reaching the FM system.

BritTim 19 Feb 2021 03:31 AM

Even if you are pretty sure they are not responsible, carefully review your sieve Filters and Rules to see if the messages are being discarded, filed into an unexpected folder, or forwarded out of your FastMail account. Also, look at any aliases for your domain. It is true surprisingly often that some long forgotten Rule is suddenly causing issues like you describe.

ankupan 19 Feb 2021 07:50 AM

DNS are with domain registrar only. name.com

I just changed MX record and domain is 10+ years old too.

Some time, I am missing email from medium.com and few others too. Even some time back, this domain was not getting email from facebook.com too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll (Post 620113)
Where is DNS for the domain hosted? Is it on FM's name servers or someone else's?

You say that emails from some other places don't reach the FM account.

Are the other places ones whose technical staff can look at their outbound SMTP logs to find out whether they're able to send mails to your domain, or if they're seeing an error message?

If you know the exact time that such messages are being sent, and their subjects and senders, it might be possible to have FM support look at their logs to find out if the mails are ever reaching the FM system.

BritTim 19 Feb 2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankupan (Post 620115)

I just changed MX record and domain is 10+ years old too.

Some time, I am missing email from medium.com and few others too. Even some time back, this domain was not getting email from facebook.com too.

These days, it is not easy to ensure that the DNS settings for things like DKIM are correct when the DNS for your domain is not hosted by Fastmail. If the DKIM (and sometimes SPF and DMARC) settings are not correct, there is a much higher chance of messages being identified as spam and potentially being discarded.

If you are fully familiar with DNS, just verify that all the DNS records associated with email are as intended. Easier, frankly, is to park the domain at Fastmail, and rely on Fastmail to set everything up correctly.

ankupan 20 Feb 2021 12:36 AM

I am using FM from the last 12 Years.

I have several domains parked with FM and never face any issue too.

I have a Professional account and their support response is 3 days.

Don't know, why so long? it should be less than 12 hrs or 24 hrs max.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritTim (Post 620116)
These days, it is not easy to ensure that the DNS settings for things like DKIM are correct when the DNS for your domain is not hosted by Fastmail. If the DKIM (and sometimes SPF and DMARC) settings are not correct, there is a much higher chance of messages being identified as spam and potentially being discarded.

If you are fully familiar with DNS, just verify that all the DNS records associated with email are as intended. Easier, frankly, is to park the domain at Fastmail, and rely on Fastmail to set everything up correctly.

BritTim 20 Feb 2021 02:01 AM

Perhaps, you can clarify. You state

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankupan (Post 620115)

I just changed MX record and domain is 10+ years old too..

but

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankupan;620115I
am using FM from the last 12 Years.

I have several domains parked with FM and never face any issue too.

Am I correct that you are having no problems with domains where the domains are parked at Fastmail, but have an issue where the domain DNS has been left at name.com with only the MX records directed to Fastmail (and, perhaps, other email related DNS entries not having been created)?

ankupan 20 Feb 2021 02:03 AM

First I guess 10+ years.

Later I check billing, I am 12+ years old customer with FM.

Still, both are correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritTim (Post 620120)
Perhaps, you can clarify. You state

but

Am I correct that you are having no problems with domains where the domains are parked at Fastmail, but have an issue where the domain DNS has been left at name.com with only the MX records directed to Fastmail (and, perhaps, other email related DNS entries not having been created)?