EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fastmail and Pobox (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=72615)

odedp 3 Apr 2017 04:35 PM

Fastmail and Pobox

I have a Pobox Plus account and a Fastmail Enhanced one.
Pobox forwards all incoming emails to three email accounts I own, including Fastmail.
Actually I use mainly Fastmai's web interface (I don't use any mail client.)
As far as I understand Pobox Mailstore (web) users were transfered from Roundcube to Fastmail.
So I'm wondering: If I upgrade to Pobox mailstore and cancel my Fastmail account I'll pay less, have more storage and continue to use Fastmail's web iterface as I always did?
Or am I missing something?
Thanks for any clarification :)

Oded.

n5bb 3 Apr 2017 06:56 PM

I have a trial Pobox mailstore account. The current Fastmail webmail system is used for reading and sending messages in the Pobox mailstore account. You also use the Fastmail Address Book, web Calendar, web Notes, and web Files screens. I believe that the iOS and Android apps work with Pobox, but I haven't tested this with my trial account. Pobox has a completely different spam filtering system and does not use Sieve.

Bill.

soromak 3 Apr 2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n5bb (Post 601008)
I have a trial Pobox mailstore account. The current Fastmail webmail system is used for reading and sending messages in the Pobox mailstore account. You also use the Fastmail Address Book, web Calendar, web Notes, and web Files screens. I believe that the iOS and Android apps work with Pobox, but I haven't tested this with my trial account. Pobox has a completely different spam filtering system and does not use Sieve.

Bill.

I wonder if iOS push works with Pobox accounts.

odedp 3 Apr 2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Pobox has a completely different spam filtering system and does not use Sieve.

Bill.

I know.
I myself use Pobox filters to control forwarding of certain incoming emails.
But I also use Fastmail's rules in order to organize emails in my Fastmail account.
As a mailstore user, are Fastmail's rules not available anymore?
Thank you Bill for your help.
Oded

Berenburger 3 Apr 2017 10:52 PM

The differences between Fastmail and Pobox: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...79&postcount=3

odedp 3 Apr 2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 601014)
The differences between Fastmail and Pobox: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...79&postcount=3

Well, I don't host a website or photo gallery.
All I do is read and write emails and save important files.
Like I've said before I use only Fastmail's web interface (no mail client.)
I want to assure that if I upgrade to Pobox Mailstore and cancel my Fastmail account, I'll be able to continue doing the same things using Fastmail's web interface!
Thank you :)

Berenburger 4 Apr 2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

[...] I believe that the iOS and Android apps work with Pobox, but I haven't tested this with my trial account. [...]

Yes, it does.

Berenburger 4 Apr 2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odedp (Post 601015)
[...] I want to assure that if I upgrade to Pobox Mailstore and cancel my Fastmail account, I'll be able to continue doing the same things using Fastmail's web interface!

Yes, you can. Except Sieve and the other stuff, like domains, rules, etc, which you can find in a separate management interface.

odedp 4 Apr 2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 601022)
Yes, you can. Except Sieve and the other stuff, like domains, rules, etc, which you can find in a separate management interface.

Can you please explain what you mean by "a separate management interface?"
Thank you!

Berenburger 4 Apr 2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odedp (Post 601023)
Can you please explain what you mean by "a separate management interface?

Not integrated in the FastMail's web interface (only a link).
Why not start a trial account?

odedp 4 Apr 2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 601026)
Not integrated in the FastMail's web interface (only a link).
Why not start a trial account?

As a current customer of Pobox I can't start a trial account, but have to upgrase to Mailstore, see if I like it, and if not downgrade back to my current plan.
I guess that's what I'll do.
Thank you so much for all your answers.
Much appreciated ;)

TenFour 5 Apr 2017 11:07 AM

FYI I signed up for a Basic POBox account and upgraded to Mailstore to try it out, and downgraded again, with no major issues. It was a very smooth process. I even imported lots of emails and it went quickly and easily. For my own purposes I decided that the Gmail interface was just too good to give up, so I am going to use the Basic account for now. Nothing wrong with Mailstore--I think it is one of the best webmail experiences I have found--but I just prefer Gmail and the integrations with all the other services I find useful: calendar, contacts, drive, photos, etc.

odedp 5 Apr 2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 601051)
FYI I signed up for a Basic POBox account and upgraded to Mailstore to try it out, and downgraded again, with no major issues. It was a very smooth process. I even imported lots of emails and it went quickly and easily. For my own purposes I decided that the Gmail interface was just too good to give up, so I am going to use the Basic account for now. Nothing wrong with Mailstore--I think it is one of the best webmail experiences I have found--but I just prefer Gmail and the integrations with all the other services I find useful: calendar, contacts, drive, photos, etc.

Thank you!
Yesterday I've upgraded but meanwhile migration fails :(
I hope Pobox support will help ;)
Best regards,

Oded.

NJSS 6 Apr 2017 08:38 PM

I have subscribed to both Fastmail & POBox for very many years.

Now they are in common ownership would a discount be appropriate?

For long-term users;

For users of both products?

Please....

NJSS

ankupan 7 Apr 2017 01:16 PM

standing with you in the queue :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJSS (Post 601085)
I have subscribed to both Fastmail & POBox for very many years.

Now they are in common ownership would a discount be appropriate?

For long-term users;

For users of both products?

Please....

NJSS