EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fastmail Support Phone Number (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=72089)

malcarada 31 Aug 2016 04:50 AM

Fastmail Support Phone Number

It should be more visible on their website, I have been with Fastmail for years and I had no clue they had a phone number for support. The next step is to add a time table for calls and timezone.

robn 31 Aug 2016 05:22 AM

We do not have phone support. This is a fairly common scam attempting to steal your login details. I have reported it to the mods as such.

FredOnline 31 Aug 2016 05:24 AM

Mods, please delete this thread.

BritTim 31 Aug 2016 05:49 AM

Fastmail seems now to be going for the business email market. The lack of an emergency support number is a serious lack in that sector. It would be OK to charge a hefty per incident support charge for anyone choosing to use such a number, but businesses need the assurance that they will not be left high and dry for a day while waiting for regular support.

somdcomputerguy 31 Aug 2016 08:36 AM

I think this thread should not be deleted. I think it should remain so it might inform some folks.

- Bruce

Terry 31 Aug 2016 08:43 AM

Support is really good now, but not sure what its like overseas as there would be 8 to10 hour difference. I now get a reply in a few minutes.

pjwalsh 31 Aug 2016 08:47 AM

If the thread remains, the ph# in the title should be removed.

ReuvenNY 31 Aug 2016 08:51 AM

Moderator's Comment

I deleted the phone number but left the thread so members can see Robn's (Fastmail) statement that calling that number will expedite stealing of your identity.

malcarada 31 Aug 2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robn (Post 596751)
We do not have phone support. This is a fairly common scam attempting to steal your login details. I have reported it to the mods as such.

Thanks for the warning Rob, I was close to falling for it. The fake copy and paste was convincing, it did not occur me that there was no link to the source.

On the other hand it really isn't clever posting it on a forum where company staff hangs around, they should have expected somebody would notice it.

David 31 Aug 2016 12:13 PM

The bad English language skills of the scammers is usually a dead give away..........

malcarada 31 Aug 2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 596777)
The bad English language skills of the scammers is usually a dead give away..........

It is you are English speaker. As far as I am concerned it was perfect English.

robn 31 Aug 2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcarada (Post 596775)
On the other hand it really isn't clever posting it on a forum where company staff hangs around, they should have expected somebody would notice it.

They post everywhere, mostly Twitter, Youtube and a ton of random blogs. I have a Google search alert set up to find them, and report them when I can. For most of them though there's nothing that can be done.

Incidentally, this is why 2FA is important. Even if you give away your password by mistake, it's useless for login without a second factor.

And of course, never login anywhere claiming to be FastMail that doesn't have the green badge in the location bar: https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/phishing.html

David 31 Aug 2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcarada (Post 596778)
It is you are English speaker. As far as I am concerned it was perfect English.

I am not going to disagree with you malcarada and wish you a very good day.

malcarada 31 Aug 2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robn (Post 596779)
Incidentally, this is why 2FA is important. Even if you give away your password by mistake, it's useless for login without a second factor.

It would also help if Fastmail staff didn't ask for the password to provide support, if you open a ticket you have to enter your password in the form so customers get used to give it away.

I think that the system is archaic, I can't imagine any online banking asking for a customer's password to help staff troubleshoot.

David 31 Aug 2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcarada (Post 596783)
It would also help if Fastmail staff didn't ask for the password to provide support, if you open a ticket you have to enter your password in the form so customers get used to this.

I think that the system is archaic, I can't imagine any online banking asking for a customer's password to help staff troubleshoot.

I could be totally wrong here malcarada but I have never been asked for my password when I have contacted support.