EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Polarismail service lack confirmed! (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=65391)

SethM 14 Nov 2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George_B (Post 548504)
The information is required by our payment processor as part of their verification process in order to combat possible fraud. They are PCI compliant which means your information will be kept private at all times!

Whenever you purchase something online you are asked for your credit card information and your billing address, telephone number. This is standard procedure and I don't know of anyone who doesn't follow it...

My processor (Wells Fargo + authorize.net) does not need a phone number when submitting transactions. Technically the only thing required by API is a plain card number, but it would be shooting yourself in the foot not to run other validation checks. A phone number is not even something you can validate on like CVV and AVS, so there's no point in even asking for one just to run a credit card.

CyberDyne 14 Nov 2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethM (Post 548538)
My processor (Wells Fargo + authorize.net) does not need a phone number when submitting transactions. Technically the only thing required by API is a plain card number, but it would be shooting yourself in the foot not to run other validation checks. A phone number is not even something you can validate on like CVV and AVS, so there's no point in even asking for one just to run a credit card.

Thank you for confirming this Seth. PolarisMail may want to consider changing their payment processor because this ridiculous practice by PayPro Global is currently costing them (at least my) money.

Cory 15 Nov 2012 12:11 AM

In my opinion a private company can ask for whatever information they want. If you don't like their policies or what they ask of you, you probably should not use them. Simple as that IMO.

I have a Google Voice number that I use for online purchases personally.

CyberDyne 15 Nov 2012 02:49 AM

Of course, you're completely correct. We as a customers can spend our money one whatever products we feel comfortable with and likewise a company like PolarisMail can employ the services whatever third party company they choose - depending on their operational paratices of course. It's all a matter of personal choice.

George_B 15 Nov 2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberDyne (Post 548552)
Of course, you're completely correct. We as a customers can spend our money one whatever products we feel comfortable with and likewise a company like PolarisMail can employ the services whatever third party company they choose - depending on their operational paratices of course. It's all a matter of personal choice.

True. The amount of latitude we have is not great however.

Everything is just a tad more complicated in Canada for some reason. For example, I travel frequently to the US to meet clients and if I purchase small items from the grocery store or fast food places while paying with my credit card, they never require me to enter a PIN or even sign the receipt. It's a simple, fast transaction.

In Canada you have to go through the whole process, regardless of the sum, which adds an extra minute at least.

I'm sure PayproGlobal is limited by this sort of regulations as well.

Alternatively, we do have a Paypal account and if you are not happy going through them, we can bill you directly without asking even for your address. Just PM me :)

davy5111 8 Jun 2015 10:25 AM

A lot of people are considering closing their Paypal accounts because of their new TOS
It allows them to sell your phone numbers so they can send robo calls and texts

I have been using Paypal to pay for Polarismail but I'm thinking about closing my account with paypal

PayproGlobal doesn't give any warning before they take the money out of your account so theres no way to make arrangements with PayproGlobal before they try to charge paypal

PayproGlobal should sent a warning email before accessing any account for those of us that have had bank accounts and paypal accounts him by criminals

davy51 10 Jun 2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davy5111 (Post 585152)
A lot of people are considering closing their Paypal accounts because of their new TOS
It allows them to sell your phone numbers so they can send robo calls and texts

I have been using Paypal to pay for Polarismail but I'm thinking about closing my account with paypal

PayproGlobal doesn't give any warning before they take the money out of your account so theres no way to make arrangements with PayproGlobal before they try to charge paypal

PayproGlobal should sent a warning email before accessing any account for those of us that have had bank accounts and paypal accounts him by criminals

The same for this user also
Ive been with polarismail for a bit and would hate tohave my account closed because they cant aqccess paypal

EvilPeppard 11 Jun 2015 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davy51 (Post 585187)
The same for this user also
Ive been with polarismail for a bit and would hate tohave my account closed because they cant aqccess paypal

If your payment method on file with PolarisMail fails, they send you an email notification letting you know. You can then change your payment method, if needed. They will not close your account without giving you fair warning, and adequate time to respond.

davy51 11 Jun 2015 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard (Post 585197)
If your payment method on file with PolarisMail fails, they send you an email notification letting you know. You can then change your payment method, if needed. They will not close your account without giving you fair warning, and adequate time to respond.

they closed my account once before without any notice when they couldn't access paypal
I had to pm George here and he reopened the account

My bank account has been hit once this year and I dont really like leaving my bank info on a website

EvilPeppard 11 Jun 2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davy51 (Post 585201)
they closed my account once before without any notice when they couldn't access paypal
I had to pm George here and he reopened the account

That is surprising to hear.

As another option, support 'at' polarismail 'dot' com always works great for me for communicating with PolarisMail.

davy51 11 Jun 2015 05:57 AM

Ive never had a problem getting help from George
Im not complaining about support

Im just saying what the billing company did before when they couldnt access my paypal account

George fixed the problem the same day I contacted him

EvilPeppard 11 Jun 2015 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davy51 (Post 585203)
Ive never had a problem getting help from George
Im not complaining about support

Im just saying what the billing company did before when they couldnt access my paypal account

George fixed the problem the same day I contacted him

Good to hear. I too have always had prompt responses from George, and Polaris Support (likely one in the same).

davy51 11 Jun 2015 07:46 AM

George is Polarismail support
Ive seen him fix accounts even on his day off

George_B 11 Jun 2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davy51 (Post 585205)
George is Polarismail support
Ive seen him fix accounts even on his day off

right on :)

I do try to be as helpful as possible. We are indeed however phasing out Paypal through PayproGlobal due to several complications. If customers wish to keep Paypal we can arrange for direct payments through Paypal.

We have been a bit quiet here but have been hard at work behind the scenes. I am glad to announce two big changes that are coming in the following weeks:

- replacement of our current filtering method by Sieve. This will allow you to import your rules from other providers and design much more customized behavior
- implementation of true Exchange / Outlook integration via OpenChange, without any plugin/extension in Outlook.. People that wish to have Outlook groupware and much better ActiveSync support will be quite happy with this one

Stay tuned and e-mail support@polarismail.com for any issues

EvilPeppard 12 Jun 2015 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George_B (Post 585214)
right on :)

I do try to be as helpful as possible. We are indeed however phasing out Paypal through PayproGlobal due to several complications. If customers wish to keep Paypal we can arrange for direct payments through Paypal.

We have been a bit quiet here but have been hard at work behind the scenes. I am glad to announce two big changes that are coming in the following weeks:

- replacement of our current filtering method by Sieve. This will allow you to import your rules from other providers and design much more customized behavior
- implementation of true Exchange / Outlook integration via OpenChange, without any plugin/extension in Outlook.. People that wish to have Outlook groupware and much better ActiveSync support will be quite happy with this one

Stay tuned and e-mail support@polarismail.com for any issues

B-BOOM! Thanks for the update, George!