EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   FastMail Forum (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Suggestion: Contact forms in our websites (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=73845)

edu 23 Jul 2018 11:12 PM

Suggestion: Contact forms in our websites

I see that many email companies are offering to their members owning some domain the possibility to add a "contact form" in their websites, and so they can receive emails end-to-end encrypted directly (tutanota, hushmail, etc)
I'd like to see something like that with Fastmail too.

Berenburger 24 Jul 2018 03:05 AM

https://www.fastmail.com/support/ and then Create Ticket.

edu 24 Jul 2018 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 607124)
Contact Us https://www.fastmail.com/support/ and then Create Ticket.

I know, but I'd like to read your opinions too.

Berenburger 24 Jul 2018 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edu (Post 607125)
I know, but I'd like to read your opinions too.

My? I’m not a FM employee.

FredOnline 24 Jul 2018 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edu (Post 607123)
I see that many email companies are offering to their members owning some domain the possibility to add a "contact form" in their websites, and so they can receive emails end-to-end encrypted directly (tutanota, hushmail, etc)

I wasn't aware that "many email companies" offer this option.

You've quoted Tutanota and Hushmail, and I've looked at both offerings and they're expensive add-ons.

Can you advise some of the other "many email companies"?

edu 24 Jul 2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 607128)
My? I’m not a FM employee.

So, donīt you have an opinion if you have a domain, a website and "maybe" would like something like that?, or do you consider it a nonsense?. If thatīs your answer please avoid this question. Thanks.

edu 24 Jul 2018 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 607129)
I wasn't aware that "many email companies" offer this option.

You've quoted Tutanota and Hushmail, and I've looked at both offerings and they're expensive add-ons.

Can you advise some of the other "many email companies"?

I saw it before but I canīt remember in what other companies. Maybe posting "many" was excessive.

Berenburger 24 Jul 2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edu (Post 607130)
So, donīt you have an opinion if you have a domain, a website and "maybe" would like something like that?, or do you consider it a nonsense?. If thatīs your answer please avoid this question. Thanks.

I misunderstood your question.

Grhm 24 Jul 2018 08:16 AM

I've never come across this before, but on the face of it, it sounds like an excellent idea.
Were Fastmail to offer this service, I would use it.

edu 24 Jul 2018 03:37 PM

From Support:

Using the information you provided (thanks again), I've created a task for our developers to evaluate the impact of adding a section for generating and managing Contact Forms to the FastMail interface. I definitely see how this could be a useful feature for our users who maintain websites at their personal domains.

I'd be happy to pass along any comments or updates.

edu 25 Jul 2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berenburger (Post 607132)
I misunderstood your question.

No problem. Thank you Berenburger.

n5bb 29 Jul 2018 07:13 AM

I hope that Fastmail investigates this concept. I can imagine some uses:
  • Comment form on a website: Many websites have a method for sending in a comment (or registering for something) by filling in a web form. Fastmail might provide some server-side features for member websites which would process entries in such forms to create an automatic email to your account, automatically create a note, or in some other manner collect such web form entries. It would also be nice if such automatic emails or notes could be scanned and analyzed, for example to let you create polls or create a signup list for an event in a CSV file.
  • Normally there is no direct method of verifying the true identity of someone filling in such a form on your website, so a bad agent could send you spam or overload your Inbox in this way. So you would want some method of rate limiting inputs from a particular IP address.
  • You could come up with a method of sharing a secret to verify the identity of the sender, but again they could just get a Fastmail account and send you an email directly and the contents would be securely contained within the Fastmail system and so would be secure.
Bill

edu 29 Jul 2018 03:57 PM

Great ideas Bill. That would be.great. Thanks for the answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n5bb (Post 607195)
I hope that Fastmail investigates this concept. I can imagine some uses:
  • Comment form on a website: Many websites have a method for sending in a comment (or registering for something) by filling in a web form. Fastmail might provide some server-side features for member websites which would process entries in such forms to create an automatic email to your account, automatically create a note, or in some other manner collect such web form entries. It would also be nice if such automatic emails or notes could be scanned and analyzed, for example to let you create polls or create a signup list for an event in a CSV file.
  • Normally there is no direct method of verifying the true identity of someone filling in such a form on your website, so a bad agent could send you spam or overload your Inbox in this way. So you would want some method of rate limiting inputs from a particular IP address.
  • You could come up with a method of sharing a secret to verify the identity of the sender, but again they could just get a Fastmail account and send you an email directly and the contents would be securely contained within the Fastmail system and so would be secure.
Bill