EmailDiscussions.com

EmailDiscussions.com (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/index.php)
-   Early Warning... (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ZOHO no longer offers Imap in their free plans. (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=74227)

Dutchie007 22 Mar 2019 08:22 PM

ZOHO no longer offers Imap in their free plans.
 
No more IMAP/POP/SMTP on free plans at ZOHO mail!!

In fact afaik its not possible anymore to sign up for free plans at Zoho.

my 2 ZOHO accounts still have imap..but they date back from 2007 and 2009..IMAP still works there, but I dont know for how long.



Dutchie.

janusz 22 Mar 2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchie007 (Post 609588)
In fact afaik its not possible anymore to sign up for free plans at Zoho..

???:confused: https://www.zoho.com/signup.html says Start with your free account today at the very top.

Dutchie007 22 Mar 2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusz (Post 609590)
???:confused: https://www.zoho.com/signup.html says Start with your free account today at the very top.



https://www.zoho.com/workplace/pricing.html

I dont see anything "free"..but 1 euro a month(MAIL LITE). If they still offer FREE accounts they sure know how to hide it...

D

Berenburger 23 Mar 2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janusz (Post 609590)
???:confused: https://www.zoho.com/signup.html says Start with your free account today at the very top.

Confirmed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchie007 (Post 609593)
https://www.zoho.com/workplace/pricing.html

I dont see anything "free"..but 1 euro a month(MAIL LITE). If they still offer FREE accounts they sure know how to hide it...
D

Or are you connecting from Russia? ;)

TenFour 23 Mar 2019 06:11 AM

From here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/zohomail-pricing.html

Scroll down a bit and you will see this:
FOREVER FREE PLAN
Up to five users,5GB/User, 25MB attachment limit.
Web access only. Email hosting for single domain.
SIGN UP NOW

Dutchie007 23 Mar 2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenFour (Post 609596)
From here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/zohomail-pricing.html

Scroll down a bit and you will see this:
FOREVER FREE PLAN
Up to five users,5GB/User, 25MB attachment limit.
Web access only. Email hosting for single domain.
SIGN UP NOW

yes i saw that...but after i click that i get this:


https://workplace.zoho.com/orgsignup.do

so were is the free plan???
D

FredOnline 23 Mar 2019 04:25 PM

What do you see here:

https://mail.zoho.com/signup.do

I see this:

https://i.postimg.cc/Hxzw3Gnb/Screen...3-08-21-23.png

Dutchie007 24 Mar 2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredOnline (Post 609602)

yes thats it!!! I see the same..except with a dutch number (31),,

thnx.

D

MagnumOpus 24 Mar 2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchie007 (Post 609588)
No more IMAP/POP/SMTP on free plans at ZOHO mail!!

This applies to free accounts created on or after Dec. 4, 2017:
https://help.zoho.com/portal/communi...c-subscription

just1acc 26 Mar 2019 09:43 AM

Never knew this. Hope they will not pull the plug out of existing free packages.

TenFour 27 Mar 2019 07:05 AM

I suspect they are trying to severely limit free accounts because Zoho became a haven for scammy emailers. You can Google up news stories of various issues they have had with phishers, spammers, etc. Their business products look solid, but email is so key to any business I am certain they are trying to clean up that service. And, like other major providers they have learned that there is no money in providing free stuff that doesn't including a strong advertising component.

EricG 29 Mar 2019 07:53 AM

Mail Lite at $12 /year is the cheapest Exchange Activesync provider. I notice it doesn't have Office Suite, so is that gone in free accounts also?

TenFour 29 Mar 2019 06:54 PM

You're right! If you go to this page you see that the $12 per year level no longer includes Zoho Docs, which I believe it did in the past.

doobled 11 Dec 2019 02:38 AM

Yeah that sucks.

I had to leave Zoho for that reason. If anyone is looking for an alternative, check out postale.io (free and POP/IMAP enabled).

EDIT: I actually work with postale.io.

TenFour 11 Dec 2019 02:55 AM

Postale.io looks interesting and their website is nice. I would be careful not to depend on any completely free service to be around too long, so best to have a good backup plan for any emails.


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy